Avril is a highly experienced litigation Solicitor and specialises in the areas of Medical Negligence, Personal Injury Litigation, Professional Negligence and Class Actions.
Avril’s recent experience includes:
- Representing women who underwent symphysiotomies
- Acting for breast cancer patients who experienced a delay in diagnosis and also patients who were misdiagnosed by hospitals in Portlaoise, Louth and Dublin.
- Representing clients at the Hepatitis C Tribunal, set up to compensate patients who had been infected with Hepatitis C as a result of contaminated blood products.
- Specialist in cerebral palsy, Erbs palsy and child deafness medical negligence cases.
- Representing clients in the High Court in a number of personal injury cases, including Road Traffic Accidents, accidents at work, public liability claims and occupier liability claims.
- Advising clients on applications to the Injuries Board.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- LLB (Hons) 1997
- Diploma in Commercial Litigation from The Law Society of Ireland (2008)
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland (2003)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales (2008)
- Member of AVMA (Action Against Medical Accidents)
- Member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- Member of the Litigation Committee of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association